Pastor Bola Odutola
Sermon: Finishing Strong
Text: Mathew 13:1-13
-In every church setting, there is always a “US” and a “THEM” (Matthew 12:10) the ‘Us’ are those who dig deeper after the ‘Thems’ are gone
-If the disciples didn’t understand the parables, how about the multitudes?
- The greatest asset of parents is to have children who are doing well without their (Parents) supervision
- The casualty rate of this Christian race is high hence necessity is placed on finishing strong (Matthew 7:13-14)
- The “Average” category of any given community is always high. Average means you are the best among the worst and worst among the best, whichever way, “Worst” is a constant in the definition of average… never settle for average!
- Biblically and statistically, of a hundred Men who are on fire for God today, only 10 (10 percent) will still be in the Christian race 50 years down the lane. (Numbers 13:1-2) Twelve rulers were sent out by Moses as spies, only two entered into the promise land.
- Your Survival in this Christian race has to do with enormity of endurance (Matthew 24:13)
- Your greatest hope of continuity in this Christian race is the word of God. Satan’s duty is to steal the word of God from our heart (Matthew 13:19)
-Ignorance gives a visa to the emergence of Satan.
-The Devil is never in a hurry to get any believer
-No service or sacrifice for God is ever lost in transit (Joseph while fleeing from Portiphar’s wife never knew that God was documenting his exploits for mankind)
-All laws of God are meant to promote your health and Peace.
i. Lord Deliver me from Me (Myself)
ii. Lord help me to fulfill your decree in Luke 9:23 Every day of my life
And He said to all, If any person wills to come after Me, let him deny himself [[a]disown himself, [b]forget, lose sight of himself and his own interests, [c]refuse and give up himself] and take up his cross daily and follow Me [[d]cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying also].
Luke 9:23 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Message From (Sunday, September 15, 2013)